Home Ownership Eligibility
Habitat for Humanity of Madison & Clark Counties empowers people who qualify to build and buy their own homes.
Selected families commit to 350 hours of “sweat equity”, a 1% down payment, attendance at finance workshops, education on home safety, and monthly mortgage payments set at no more than 30% of household income.
Eligible applicants must:
- have lived in Madison or Clark County for at least one year
- have a stable income
- be able to pay modest monthly mortgage payments
- demonstrate that current housing is overcrowded, physically substandard, too expensive, unsafe, or they are living in subsidized housing
- be willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity of Madison & Clark Counties.
- Selected families must save for a 1% downpayment and pay their first year’s homeowners’ insurance. Our mortgages are typically written for 20 to 25 years.