Habitat for Humanity of Madison & Clark Counties is seeking a Fund Development Manager to help plan, coordinate, and drive mission-critical elements of our development strategy. This role coordinates various aspects of fund development including individual and corporate giving, donor relations, church partnerships, grants, and gift-in-kind donations. The Fund Development Manager will coordinate and nurture a portfolio of development relationships with individuals, small-medium businesses, corporations, foundations, public
entities, churches, and other community partners. The Fund Development Manager will enthusiastically promote the mission of Habitat for Humanity and must be comfortable speaking publicly in faith-based, corporate, and civic settings. Other responsibilities include data management, gift processing, and gift acknowledgements.
The Fund Development Manager works in collaboration with the Executive Director.
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Time requirements: Full time; some seasonal fluctuation; weekends and some evenings; flexibility of schedule determined by efficiencies achieved.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Donor & Partner Relationship Engagement (60% of time)
- Builds new relationships of potential donors with individuals, businesses, churches, and civic organizations by contacting, meeting, and presenting the mission and work of HFHMCC.
- Nurtures existing donor relationships by contacting, meeting, updating, and appreciating those who have donated resources to HFHMCC.
- Creatively partners with individuals, businesses, churches, and civic organizations in fund-raising activities and trainings that benefit the mission of HFHMCC.
2. Data Management & Gift Processing (10% of time)
- Manages donor data integrity in affiliate’s development data base. Performs data entry, creates reports, and provides progress updates as requested.
- Processes financial gifts and gift-in-kinds to affiliate. Produces acknowledgement letters to donors.
- Provides annual giving letters to all donors.
- Celebrates and appreciates donors in creative and meaningful ways.
3. Development Team Coordination (30% of time)
- Engages board members, staff, and volunteers in fund development efforts.
- Assists Executive Director in scheduling meetings and preparing for meetings with new and existing donors.
- Prepares giving packets for engaging the spectrum of donors.
- Assists with grant applications and management. Responsibilities could include research, engagement with funders, grant writing, and reporting.
- Participates in collaborative process to create, implement, and execute of strategic development plan.
- Committed resolve to mission and values of Habitat for Humanity and to the communities in which we partner and build.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent), plus 2+ years of related fund development experience.
- Excellent relationship building skills and ability to relate to people of varying backgrounds. Ability to recognize alignment of missions and engage in a collaborative manner.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills. Ability to tailor and effectively communicate the message to varying audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills, including prioritizing, analyzing, multi-tasking, problem solving and decision making.
- Skilled in use of computer programs related to general professional office operations and fund development.
- Ability to speak publicly about the mission of Habitat for Humanity and encourage support of volunteers, donors, suppliers and contractors
- Promote stewardship of all Habitat resources
- Willingness to work flexible hours
Permits and Licenses:
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
Total Rewards Package includes regionally competitive compensation, health insurance, paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, contributions toward retirement plan.
Non discriminatory hiring: All are welcome in the work without regard to race, religion, sex, age, ethnic background, color, national or local origin, creed, ancestry, status with regard to public assistance, marital or family status, disability, military service, sexual orientation or other characteristic protected by law. Some positions may have minimum physical requirements which are delineated in the job description.
To apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, including three references, to email@example.com by no later than 5 pm on March 15, 2018.
Our Mission: Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Our Vision: A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Our Operating Values: We take initiative in the excellent pursuit of goodness, generosity, and gratitude.