Summary: Habitat for Humanity of Madison & Clark Counties is seeking a ReStore Store Manager for a new store opening in Winchester, KY. This position operates with guidance, assistance, and in accordance with the ReStore Director to fulfill the mission of Habitat through the oversight and management of the ReStore.
Reports to: Director of ReStore
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Time requirements: Full-time during normal store operations. Early evening and Saturday availability required. Some seasonal fluctuation. Willingness to work on holidays with the exception of New Year’s Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Daily Operations
- Manage daily ReStore operations, including providing supervision, training, and management of other staff and volunteers.
- Serve as Manager on Duty during assigned shifts
- Provide and oversee customer service
- Create and delegate tasks to volunteers to keep them engaged and to use their talents tothe benefit of ReStore
- Delegate and assign responsibilities to the ReStore staff and volunteers
- Maintain a clean and attractive showroom, warehouse, dock, and all other areas assigned
- Handle customer complaints when necessary, and when the complaint cannot be resolved, refer those customers on to the ReStore Director
2. Policies and Procedures
- Enforce all HFHMCC policies fairly
- Implement operational designed by ReStore senior staff
- Make policy recommendations to ReStore Director as needed
- Monitor the store and warehouse to ensure the safety of all staff, volunteers, shoppers, and donors
- Train staff and volunteers in safety best practices
3. Merchandising, Pricing, and Sales
- Responsible for the merchandising and appearance of the showroom
- Monitor pricing and price reductions to ensure that inventory needs are being met, and that sales goals are being reached and exceeded
- Review weekly sales to contrast against merchandising changes
- Review and either grant or deny all refund requests
4. Other duties as assigned
Requirements: This individual must understand, appreciate, and be committed to the mission of the ReStore and Habitat for Humanity. Qualified candidates must possess average to above-average written and verbal communication skills and ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds. Must possess strong problem-solving skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, and the ability to multi-task. This individual must be detail-oriented and able to work independently and as part of a team and as a self-starter. Must be able to deal with all kinds of individuals and remain consistent in keeping a professional demeanor. Must have experience working with major donors and be able to communicate effectively and professionally with them and the customers we serve. Must have excellent leadership
skills and possess and experience in merchandising and retail/wholesale marketing. Must possess basic knowledge of construction/carpentry, furniture, appliances, and household items.
Weekends and evenings will be required and occasional travel may be required.
Physical Demands: This individual will be expected to assist the staff in performing store functions and, therefore, must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Will also experience frequent bending, squatting, lifting and repetitive motion whether in store or on truck route. Ability to work the computer for an extended period of time. Prior to being hired, applicants are required to pass a pre-employment physical which includes a drug/alcohol screening.
Experience: At least 3 years of related retail or warehouse experience. Must have demonstrated independent responsibility for program management and accomplishing results by building and leading successful teams. Experience supervising staff required, excellent interpersonal and communications skills with groups, committees and individuals and computer literate.
Education: Post-secondary education desired and skill certifications in lieu of degree. Possess some knowledge of retail sales, marketing, systems, and technology with at least 2 years experience of related work.
Certificates, Licensures, Registration: Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
Total Rewards Package includes regionally competitive compensation, health insurance, paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, contributions toward retirement plan.
Non-discriminatory hiring: All are welcome in the work without regard to race, religion, sex, age, ethnic background, color, national or local origin, creed, ancestry, status with regard to public assistance, marital or family status, disability, military service, sexual orientation or other characteristic protected by law. Some positions may have minimum physical requirements which are delineated in the job description.
To apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, including three references, to email@example.com. We will be accepting applicants until the position is filled.
Our Mission: Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Our Vision: A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Affiliate Operating Values: We take initiative in the excellent pursuit of goodness, generosity, and gratitude.