Job Description: Office Manager (Homeownership Program Assistant)
Summary: Habitat for Humanity of Madison & Clark Counties is seeking an Office Manager who will enhance the effectiveness of our affiliate thru excellent organizational skills and exemplary customer engagement. The ideal candidate will be able to perform the responsibilities of an Office Manager and will be able to perform the duties of a Homeownership Program Assistant. The Office Manager will work in collaboration with all staff members.
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Time requirements: Monday thru Friday; 5-6 hrs each day.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Office Management (50% of time)
• Engage with office visitors, including accepting mortgage payments and providing receipts.
• Answer telephone calls and general email inquiries.
• Purchase and maintain organization of all office supplies.
• Manage effective filing system in a manner that aligned with document retention policies.
• Manage technology related systems. Coordinate maintenance and upkeep of systems.
• Manage cleanliness and overall organization of affiliate office and lodge.
• Supervise office volunteers, to include job descriptions, training, task lists and feedback
• Create and maintain a routine for post office pick-up and delivery
• Open all mail and direct to appropriate parties
2. Homeownership Program Assistant (30% of time)
• Provide effective communications with current homeowners regarding mortgage payments and standing in partnership.
• Provide effective communications with future homeowners regarding program requirements.
• Coordination of design selections with future homeowners.
• Provide communications and guidance to persons interested in partnering with HFHMCC in homeownership.
• Serve as staff partner with the Family Services Committee. Provide FSC with requested capacity to engage with future and current homeowners.
3. Affiliate Support and Administration (20% of time)
• Provide administrative assistance to all affiliate departments as needed and as possible (ReStore, Construction, Development, Finance, Family Selection/Support, Mortgages). This may include following up on insurance questions, copying packets for meetings, sending or receiving faxes, assisting in appeal mailings, etc.
• Prepare required reports for partner and granting organizations.
• Prepare documents and manage communication for legal activities such as closings, mortgage rewrites and property sale and acquisition.
• Peruse Berea, Winchester and Richmond newspapers and pass along relevant news.
• Insure employees are reminded of time sheet due dates, staff meetings and other events.
• Assist in arranging travel and registration for conferences and meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Committed resolve to mission and values of Habitat for Humanity and to the communities in which we partner and build.
• A minimum of three (3) years of closely related experience in a confidential role.
• Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact positively with visitors.
• Excellent computer competency (Windows, Excel, varying program databases).
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
• Warm professionalism.
• Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality are essential.
Permits and Licenses:
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
Non discriminatory hiring: All are welcome in the work without regard to race, religion, sex, age, ethnic background, color, national or local origin, creed, ancestry, status with regard to public assistance, marital or family status, disability, military service, sexual orientation or other characteristic protected by law. Some positions may have minimum physical requirements which are delineated in the job description.
To apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, including three references, to email@example.com by no later than 5 pm on November 22, 2016.
Our Mission: Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Our Vision: A world where everyone has a decent place to live.